Monday, November 5, 2012

Motivational Monday: Be Strong

When I look at the world, I can see the impressions of the ways things could be: bigger, brighter, bolder. I can feel the paths leading to these possibilities tugging at my pant legs, craving my attention. There are so many possibilities, and I, in one lifetime, would not be able to follow all of them, but a select few I will give my attention.

But reality can seem so bleak, and these visions can seem so bright. I tend to follow more paths than I have feet to follow at one time. But I can taste the future as vividly as I can see it, and to let it slip out of my hands would be like letting ice cream fall into the trash, so I will walk these many paths.

It isn't easy. There is so much ground to cover over such difficult terrain. Sometimes it gets stormy. Sometimes the trail burns. Sometimes I start to wonder, "Why?" Why put myself through such agony? What will be gained through such trial? And I can look around and still see the outlines of the ways things could be, but they are not strong enough to rid me of my doubts.

But sometimes, when things seem so bleak, and nothing seems to be going right, I hear footsteps and find my path crosses that of another soul. We are heading to different futures, but our trails converge for a stretch. There is no time to sit and chat, but let us talk as we walk our paths, and remind ourselves that though we are on lonesome quests, there are others out there to help.

I cannot tell you where you should go. And you cannot carry me to my goal. But I can encourage you to keep going on, because if the future you see is even half what I see, it is worth the effort and exhaustion. So when we meet on dusty roads, I will remind to be strong. That things get rough and the road is long and wild and lonely. Be strong, my friend. Be strong.

And I hope that when you, on your quest, come across another soul whose future burns as bright as yours, but whose heart is aching from unknown trials, you will walk with them for a while and tell them to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment